ICE 18 Speaker Agreement
I accept the invitation from IGLOO Inc. (“IGLOO”) to participate as a speaker at the ICE ’18 event to be held September 11-13, 2018 in San Antonio, Texas, and agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth below.
- I agree to notify IGLOO immediately in the event that an emergency should prevent me from meeting my obligation as a speaker and will make every attempt possible to provide a qualified substitute speaker, as mutually agreed upon with IGLOO.
- I agree that the conference sessions, including the session I will participate in, are designed to provide an opportunity to learn and discuss business and technology issues, and are not intended to sell products or services.
- I grant IGLOO a royalty-free license to use, reproduce and distribute my presentation in regard to the ICE ’18 event. I understand that this license does not change the fact that I retain copyright ownership of my presentation and does not prohibit me from using my presentation in any way or from allowing others to use it.
- I grant IGLOO a perpetual license to: (1) copy, reproduce, publish and distribute the work in all print and other formats (including but not limited to online publication via the ICE ‘18 event and IGLOO websites and social media channels; (2) reprint the work for distribution; and (3) make the work available for distribution after the conference.
- I understand that IGLOO intends to record (photograph and/or video), reproduce, publish and distribute my conference presentation in the conference proceedings (the work) and that such work will be made available to all attendees after the conference.
- In granting this consent license and release, I acknowledge and agree that the ICE ‘18 event and IGLOO shall be under no obligation to pay me for delivery of any service I perform as a result of this agreement, or for the permission/license that I have granted to the ICE ‘18 event and IGLOO to reproduce, publish and distribute the work as set forth above.
- To the best of my knowledge, my presentation does not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including any copyright, trademark, and privacy rights), is factually accurate, and contains nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful. I have the full authority to enter into this agreement and have obtained all necessary permissions or licenses from any individuals or organizations whose material is included or used in my presentation.
- I authorize the ICE ‘18 event to use my name, photo, and biographical data in connection with the use and promotion of the program.
- Unless otherwise agreed, I am responsible for making my own travel and accommodation arrangements for ICE ’18 event and IGLOO is not responsible for covering any of these expenses.
- I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the ICE ‘18 event, IGLOO, its officers, directors, employees and volunteers from any and all claims of copyright infringement made against them and arising out of the work and my presentation of the work at the conference. I further represent and warrant that if the work contains material from other works protected by copyright that such other works have been used with the written consent of the copyright owner and that I have provided (or are simultaneously providing) the ICE Event with copies of all such required written author consents.
I acknowledge that I have read this consent and release prior to agreeing to it and that I understand its contents. I understand that the ICE ‘18 event and IGLOO are relying on this agreement and release and that my release and consent are irrevocable.